Friday, December 2, 2011

Poem, My Newest Endeavor, and NaNo

On funny note this picture reminds me of my times spent in Florida on vacation in January several years ago. It was fun, I can't say I miss it too much until I saw this picture. The only difference...I think this was taken in L.A. I wish my friends in Cali weren't total nut cases or I'd go over and visit sometime. XD

Place I cannot name
People I don't always know

I'm living here, you're living there

I'm part of a country, of a world of people
It's a feeling in a place of world renown.

Don't be so distant, vague or lukewarm
Do you feel dead inside?

Faces en mass, always grim
Never will I find the courage here

The here-and-now of this world
I'm part of a place, a group I mustn't leave
It's the depth of my soul that's calling out

Don't be so lost, so dark, so hopeless
Do you feel dead inside?

Does the scorn hurt or blind or make you reconsider?
Does it make you wish you were here?


It's...a strange poem. I was mostly rather confused at the moment when I wrote it.


My newest endeavor-To get well. I've got a sinus infection, and I'm warning you-You don't ever want one. >.< Ahem, actually, I have three newest endeavors.
 The first is to get over my sinus infection.
 The second is to actually start learning how to write/read Japanese. Since I've got books for it, I might as well start. But I want to do it with...dedication. With a schedule. 
 The third is to become more daring. More willing to do whatever I must to do whatever I want to do. I can't do things when I'm scared to death to take risks and make mistakes. Maybe I can be afraid, but I need to be willing to take risks, to spite my fear.

 As to Nano-Yeah, I didn't make it this year. When you feel like your sinuses are going to explode and you're running a (low-grade) fever with chills, you won't feel like cranking out 3000 words, either. Still, I feel sad about it because, honestly, I could have done it today. The antibiotics, the sinus rinse, the Nasonex and the lemonade (to drink, not to put in my nose. :P) have made this entire day WAY better than yesterday. With that in mind, I feel bad because NaNo didn't last a day longer. I feel bad that the last day of November, my favorite month, and a good friend's birthday, was spent shirking duties and running amuck trying to get stuff to make me better and to write notes to people I don't know. I don't really *regret* doing those things...I just wish the day had been at least...10 hours longer? :P
 At any rate, my novel is no where near complete, and I still have to write a lot of scenes, but for now I want to edit, because I know what I wrote in the latter part of this month is absolute crap so I need to fix it.
 Besides.
 My male characters talk too much and act like girls, so...ummm...I need to really do something about that.
 The good news is I started out well, I still think I started out well, and I know that with that I can edit and make this amazing! ^.^


Onward to make up for two days of missed History, Bible, Science, Math, and Grammar, and three missed days of Geography. I get the feeling I'll be doing school on Saturday...don't you?

-Argent

2 comments:

Hannah Leigh said...

D'aaaw... you poor thing. :(
I like the poem... *I* understand it. :)
Don't stay too down; it's not good for you. Get well soon!

- hannah and 'the gang'

AlanaTatter said...

Praying that you get over your sinus infection soon, and that your characters start acting like they need to.