Friday, February 3, 2012

February 29th

I don't know what rumors, legends, suspicions, or folklore you may entertain concerning February 29th, but I don't really hold any. Leap Day's intrigue for me lies in the fact that most people have Leap Day/Leap Year dances during a February on Leap Year, and apparently, the girl is to ask the guy out to those dances.
 Now, this seems like quite the weird reason to be intrigued, because I would never have the courage to ask a guy out, anyway...but, it makes a really good twist for a story...there was even a movie made about a girl proposing to a guy on Leap Day.
 The only other reason I find it interesting was that I realized at around age 10 that it meant our clock was a little off and therefore we had to add a day to the year every four years. That disturbed me more than girls asking guys on dates so I didn't like to dwell on it as much. After all, it gave this feeling that the earth was orbiting improperly and everything was swinging out of alignment and no-one knew. That was a considerably worse feeling compared to knowing I could ask a guy out on Leap Year...if I ever even wanted to, which was, and still is, very unlikely.

 It's only the second day of February, and my mind is on three things-flying, dreaming, and Peppero Day.
 What's Pepero Day?
 Why, Korean Valentine's Day, of course!!!
 I'm thinking of making Valentine's Day really fun this year at my house by cooking sweets all day like we did last year. I thought if I ate another cookie I would die! Plus, did I ever mention my little brother makes the best Hershey kiss surprise cookies ever?
 I am also (not) seriously considering harassing the males at my church by giving them all pepero or chocolate. *laughs* *sigh* I suppose I must keep my Asian traditions (crazy ideas) to myself.


 Aaaaaand, I guess that's all I have to say in this post. >.<

1 comment:

Hannah Leigh said...

*sniff*
It would actually be *really* fun to give the guys at church chocolate. XD (My evil mind is at work! MUWHAHAHAAA!)
*giggle*
Ah, ah ah - now, we *know* who you'd ask out to a dance. Oh, yes - we do. And don't you try to deny it!
(I know good an' well who I'D ask out... WITHOUT hesitation!!!!!!!)

- hannah