Friday, February 3, 2012

No Comment.

Wings.


What wings are you speaking of? What wings?

Where are your wings?


"How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! And the children of men take refuge in the shadow of Your wings."-Psalm 36:7

"For the choir director; set to Al-tashheth. A Mikhtam of David, when he fled from Saul in the cave. Be gracious to me, O God, be gracious to me, For my soul takes refuge in You; And in the shadow of Your wings I will take refuge Until destruction passes by." Psalm 57:1

"When you set your eyes on it, it is gone. For wealth certainly makes itself wings Like an eagle that flies toward the heavens." Proverbs 23:5

"But for you who fear My name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings; and you will go forth and skip about like calves from the stall. You will tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day which I am preparing," says the LORD of hosts. Malachi 4:2,3

"Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary." Isaiah 40:31



Wings. Don't speak, I don't want to know.

-Argentia

2 comments:

Hannah Leigh said...

It's very... intriguing, isn't it?
Wings.

Timeless Trinkets said...

I think wings can also have special meaning in that it is the spirit of someone. Not like your eternal spirit, but your ambitions, hopes, and dreams. Kind of like when you see a baby bird develop it's wings to fly. The saddest thing to see or to experience is when someone or circumstances clip your wings. It is like what we use to do with our chickens on the farm, we clipped their flight wings so that they couldn't get out of the chicken yard. Sure it kept them safe from predators, but they spent their whole life in the chicken yard. Not sure where I'm going with this except there have been times in my life when I've had my wings clipped. It taught me some needed truths and that was a good thing. But, many times it also caused me to be more cynical and "grownup", so much so that I lost sight of the joys in life, feeling fenced in and hopeless. I like the Bible verses that you included in this post, especially Isaiah 40:31. When I'm feeling clipped and hemmed in, I can look to Christ for strength and know that my flight wings will grow again and not to be afraid of the future.