Friday, March 22, 2013

A Winter House

Wrapped in a flannel blanket and a snowman-print gown
Carefully listening to the quiet of the town
The last touch, last feeling...of a winter house

I wonder up at the dark sky in this precious moment
The long winter-so silent, so strong-is nearly spent
Three months is an eternity in the winter house

The little snowflakes have gathered, so closely together
Reminding me of birds, flocking with those of the same feather
Very much like people who are longing for the warmth of our winter house
 
Softly, to hide myself, I step on the creaky old boards
I gaze out at the dusty white snow without words
For a part of me longs to escape this ancient winter house

Yet here it is-comfortable, understood, and accepted
Stale, sleepy, and peacefully ended
Guarded from the world in my beloved winter house.




No comments: