Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Falling Raindrops


Translucent; every image is distorted by you
Aimlessly marching, but seeking one direction
Down, down, down is your course
For nothing can comfort you

You were abandoned by those that held you
Warmed you and then chilled you
Deserted you without a single word
Only to engage in new persuits

Perhaps it is your revenge when you block my vision
You are so visionless and hopeless yourself
That you cling to anything, anyone, anyplace
For weak assurance

With a strange coldness, I sit by and watch you
Your journey painting the world a colorless gray
You are cold, and wet, and careless
There is nothing desirable about you

When the lights outside sparkle in you, I smile
You are a crystalline beauty under close inspection
Despite all of your sadness and loneliness
Please don't cry, for I love you.


-Argentia

2 comments:

Lucas said...

I considered moral introspection after a unknown urge to cry came upon me. But then again that was the purpose wasn't it? To play with others emotions? I've read this 16 times now and it means something entirely different each time, but now I think I've read it enough. Why is 'down' and 'for capitalized? I've though of hundreds of reasons and came to that it the beginning of the line. It's not possible it means more..is it?

Argentia Krystofel said...

My response to that is if you want to cry, sometimes it doesn't hurt you. I didn't write this with the intentions of making you cry, though.
Bringing out another person's emotions is very important when writing, but honestly this poem was to get out my own emotions-to lift a burden off my chest. It rained for an entire afternoon a week back, and I was driving around town with mom while it poured down, reflecting on those raindrops that I love so much. They seemed so sad and cold and lonely, that I wanted to reach out to them in some way. Obviously, I can't write raindrops a poem to encourage them, but I hoped I could encourage people who feel like those raindrops-encourage them that there's someone watching them, loving them, and finding them beautiful.
I'm sure the poem has many facets to it; any time I get thinking that heavily about something, too many meanings get mixed in one sentence.
As to the Down and For, they are capitalized as the beginning of a line, and I'm not sure what you may have assumed they mean. I do write a few acrostics with meaning behind the first letters of each line, this is not one. ^^