Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas? Christmas?

Snow! Holly! Every radio station but the rock one playing Christmas music from the forties!

So, we all get it. It's Christmas time. Winter time. Freak out and wish everyone a happy new year for no particular reason time.

And we're not going to the annual Christmas party at my grandparent's house. We never send out Christmas cards.

And I'm loving it.

This is the quietest, most enjoyable time of year right now. I'm sitting back, forgetting about Christmas presents and shopping carts and checking the labels on every box of cake at Mumsie's house, just to find out that the same knife used for the pecan pie was just used to cut the only cake I could eat. No, I am thinking about baking my OWN cookies and my five-star (Dad awarded) lemon poppyseed muffins. I'm thinking about spending this weekend relaxing and this coming weekend at a friend's house. I'm thinking about how wonderful the Lord is to give me all this warmth and all these opportunities. I'm trying to stay focused on Him, even though these days are sometimes depressing and a bit frustrating, laced with a tinge of worry and doubt. But overall, I want to be happy. ^.^ And I am, indicated by that happy face. Also...


My best-ever muffin. In the background are a few flops, and our advent candles. >.<
It's snowing here!!!! ^.^ Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Argentia Krystofel ♥

She is a cold wind, touched with crystalline beauty. She quietly keeps everyone locked up inside, forcing them to stop and contemplate the meaning of the season and their own lives. To some, she is a curse, to others, she is the greatest show of Winter. 

Thoughts on Snow by Argentia Krystofel (Pen Name).

No comments: