Thursday, June 21, 2012

Welcome Summertime!

I'm so excited! Even though all of my friends have taken off for the Reformed Family Bible Conference 2012 , I'm not really all that lonely. I do feel a bit frustrated that no one will read my posts, but, hey, that would be like asking for a miracle anyway! :P

As mentioned to many, this year I entered and won first place with the poem The Butterfly Prince at the Chautauqua Festival.  The Chautauqua festival holds many fond memories for me, especially early memories of my parents. I remember one night in particular when I was probably only five. Mom painted my nails purple and we all (meaning just four of us, at the time!) went down to watch a performance together. I remember several years later when I was probably 10-11, we went to the Bazaar. I got a pretty fairy crown and a horse puppet, both of which I still have...but Daddy and I had to run back to the car in the rain!
 This year, Chautauqua has already built itself a lot of memories. ^^ I'm hoping I'll have several more by the end of this week.
 Keep up with my mom and I as we catalog the event via YouTube here.

 Along with Chautauqua, my other major activity right now is learning Korean. It's an amazing language, but it gets more difficult every day to remember what I learn. I understand a lot more of what I hear than what I can actually reply, simply due to the fact that I can't conjugate verbs yet and I barely grasp the basics of their grammar. Even though I've fallen a bit behind in learning, I want to get back at it again and start working harder. I've got absolute bucket-loads of resources; Talk To Me In Korean, Byki, a Korean-English Dictionary and a Korean Verb book (though I simply do not grasp the concepts in that book yet; too much grammar).

 I hope to have LOTS of vocabulary under my belt by the end of the year. ^^

 Aaaaand, on a random note (I suppose), here is a violin cover by Jun Sung Ahn of the song We Are Young. I wanted to include it earlier but I never managed to. >.> He's too talented for me to not post at least ONE of his covers. Go check out his other covers when you have time! ^^



-Argentia

No comments: