Sunday, June 24, 2012

Yesterday, Today, Tomorrow

 


(With English Subtitles)




Keeping it quiet, I breath in, I breath out
This was surely a very short story
I have too many fears and things to lose
I never lived this way before

I wanted to hide myself away, and never show my face
If I could escape this feeling, I would
I don't want anything to disappear, but most importantly
Please hear this, my words written out

In my loudest voice, I silently shout at the sky
The moon above me, I see it glowing softly
This view is everywhere, that's how I think about it
So it offers a little pain with its consolations

Everything around me here is an ironic picture
Not one moment is left empty
Memories, thoughts, feelings, all are tied together
And I can't fly away anymore

What shall I say so it sounds less confusing?
That no one will leave me alone?
That I'm angry because everything was disturbed?
That I'm bursting with happiness at this evening...

Each sensation is still very clear to me
Sunlight and shadow patterns on the sidewalk
The heat and the buzzing sound of A/C
Burned into my memory, never to leave

Tasting sweet and sour, salty and bland
Taking in deep breaths of the night
I want to share everything I kept, but it's beginning to fade
Could this suffice for now?

Please, I promise, I will be more dilligent
I'll capture everything inside
So when the next person leaves that quickly
I'll stop them in their tracks

I hold friendships and possibilites and hopes for the future
In the palm of my hand, but like tissue paper
They may blow away in the wind if I don't hold tight enough
I'm wrapping my fingers around them, so don't bring a hurricane.

-Argentia




No comments: