Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 26-A Childhood Memory









My fondest childhood memories are of my parents reading these books to me. The Foot Book was my favorite book as a baby-this is not my original book, but a newer one, because I wore the original one out. ^^



This book belonged to my mother! I always loved the pretty colors and the hilarious story. Honestly, I had no strong interest in Asia at the time; but I thought the guy on Iron Chef was so cool and funny-sounding and the Emperor of Japan was a little stuffy in comparison. =P I formulated too many opinions as a child.




This book makes me think of MY Daddy reading to me before bed. I love it.








This book is a favorite among all five of the siblings. We've had to hide it from one too many two-year-olds. I was so upset when the bathroom page ripped and Daddy had to tape it! It was my favorite! >.<




This is a book Mom bought me when I was about 9. It's really cute and the artwork is so delicate and detailed. I really appreciate this pretty present from her and I love how humorously the story ends.




For some reason, as a child I always thought this was the way OUR house was made so pretty. My parents DID buy an old, ram-shackle house and have to do a lot of repairs, but there was no farm or hatched roof. XD

This book is one which I bought in Food Lion a few years ago, when my sister was a toddler. I remember telling my mom that it would be a great book to read to her. At first, I thought it might be Japanese, but then discovered with a twinge of dismay that it was set in South Korea. A short-lived disappointment, of course, as I flipped though the pages to discover the beautiful artwork and heart-warming story. Needless to say, it was hard to convince my mom to let me buy the book about a country I had never held any interest in!




-Argentia




No comments: