Sunday, September 30, 2012

What I Was Up To All Summer...

So, those who ever take the time to read my blog, I was slightly busy this summer with a writing project. It's finally fall and I have to put it down for a while. I love it so much, I just can't seem to tear myself away for more than a week or two, and then a page or a scene comes smashing onto the white paper in little black lines and circles that I just can't stop.
I realize I've posted maybe an excerpt and a description of the story once, but I feel like introducing some characters with pictures, so I'm going to do so (a night where I finally have lots of spare time...) ^^

Onew, or Lee Jinki. Not very creative, am I?
 Main Male Character (the story is written from his perspective every other chapter-probably not the 'correct' style, but something I've done with characters since I read the Viking Quest Series and the Artemis Fowl books)
Name: Lee JinKi (all Korean names are last name first). Also goes by Jay Lee as an Americanized name.
Age: 23
Height: 5'8"
Profession: Secretary for his father.
Hobbies: Reading, browsing the internet, watching TV on and off when he has time, and a number of random and indescribable things such as studying the time it takes to finish a lollipop, how many different blue M&Ms he received (not because he likes blue but because Kibum does), and what interesting dishes the Vietnamese-Korean-Mexican fusion restaurant down the street might be making. He's definitely a varied individual. To spite his respectable, routine and factual job, he's an artistic soul that shies away from a lot of commitments-ones he isn't manipulated into making, that is.



 Female Main Character (who also gets the POV half the time)

Name: Mina Kwon/Cole-after her father's death she went by her stepmother's name.
Age: 22
Height: 5'3"
Profession: Majoring in Creative Writing at Covenant College in Chattanooga, TN.
Hobbies: Reading, watching Korean and Taiwanese dramas, listening to music, writing, learning Spanish, and online forum discussions. She enjoys such things that most people don't notice them; artistic touches to anything make her heart sing. She doesn't view herself as particularly skilled in anything, but takes a lot of pride in her writing.
Kim So Eun. I didn't want to have her as Mina, initially, but finally gave in. I think Kim So Eun is one of the prettiest girls alive. I feel a little sorry for JinKi, putting her next to him...he would feel insecure about his looks...-_-




















Side Characters...

Name: Kim Kibum (aka Key)
Age: 20
Height: 5'9"
Profession: Hallyu Star.
Hobbies: Kibum likes to look spectacular and finds fashion the next best thing to being a pop star, so he spends a great amount of time on his hair, face and clothes. Owning expensive, high-quality European items is something he take great satisfaction in. When he's not worrying about fashion, he practices dancing, singing and rapping. When he's not doing that, he's generally sleeping. Likes to be in charge, so he's normally the leader of his friend group, and tends to be particular about activities. JinKi's half-brother.


Kim Kibum. Once again, I am uncreative with names. I decided to keep this man as the Hallyu star that he is- a giant leap for me, since I normally avoid celebrity characters. Yet I just couldn't imagine Kibum any other way.




















Choi SeungHyun-I chose him on the spot for his quiet, intimidating face.
Name: Park Yoon Seong. Also goes by Victor David Park.
Age: 25
Height: 5'10"
Profession: Graduate Student-he wants to teach History on the college level.
Hobbies: Once again, reading, listening to music (likes a lot of different genres), watches a little television, jogging, swimming, and Tae Kwon Do. Finds almost any fact interesting; could tell you how to put a car together, even if he can't do it himself. Dislikes too much theory and math. Very good with words; Korean, German and English ones, so he has been known to write in his spare time-mostly poetry/lyrics. Introverted, careful and observant, he doesn't like anything that requires him to jump too far out of his comfort-zone.






 Name: Park ChunHee
Age: 18
Height: 5'7"
Profession: Freshman college student-was going to major in Business but that's not going too well...
Hobbies: Gaming, listening to music, drawing, hanging out with friends, partying, drinking, and playing the violin. He's a conflicted individual with some difficult problems, including depression. In the time-span of a mere plane-ride from Seoul to Newark, he's gone from a rebellious teen on a wrecking, attention-getting spree to a lonely young man in a dangerous foreign country, engaged in a confused and hopeless paradox of skipping class, drinking his troubles away, and breaking laws that he never heard of in Korea. His grudge against the United States as a whole leads him to refuse to speak English, except a few choice words like 'yes', 'no' and 'every curse word I can throw at you in 30 seconds flat'.
Victor's older sister's eldest child.
*Yeah, this turned into more of a bio...but I gotta explain why someone spends time drinking and breaking laws...

I needed a teenage face that looked good while being smug-and I found Chunji, the 'ulzzang' or 'pretty faced' member of Teen Top. He does have a completely awful, smug little brat expression in the video 'Don't Spray Perfume'. I definitely wanted that expression. Image how disappointed I was to find Chunji is actually a sweetie who usually never looks smug...terrible for finding pictures!



There is also a very brief appearance by the Korean indie group 'Nell'. YAY!

So there's the cast. ^^ This is such a drama storyline, hahaha...


 -Argentia






No comments: