Saturday, November 10, 2012

An Update

So, recently I haven't updated my blog because of so much schoolwork and such. Believe it or not, I have a break from all the crunching right now, because one of my professors got our schedule screwed up a bit. ^^ I'm completely positive no one wants to hear about school, though, so I'll just talk about the random details of my life at the moment. :)

Spanish (I'm not calling this schoolwork! No way!) has been giving me a little trouble. I'm hitting what I call 'stage 2'. The new words are becomming IMPOSSIBLE to remember and are being lost with the old words, and I'm struggling to read any of the text I'm given without my Spanish-English dictionary (or Google translate, for a quick but not so accurate fix). Thank God that all of our big tests have been open book. Oh, but there's an oral test on Wednesday? What?
I'm also quite worried about the 'Field Trip' assignment we have due on November 28th. I have to go and speak Spanish to a Spanish-speaking person. Just a little-but Spanish, for gosh sake!-and it can be either at a tienda (store), restaurante or soccer game (I'm completely forgetting the names for soccer game right now...futbol something another...jugar is to play...yeah. Hm.).

Superstar K4-Recently been entertaining me with the performances of Roy Kim and Jang Joon Young. The aforementioned is a youtuber I used to follow, so it was extremely exciting for me when I discovered he'd made it on to Superstar K4. It's a Korean music program much like...I guess American Idol or Britain's Got Talent. I don't know; it's a singing show, that's all. People audition and 100 are chosen and then knocked down to the top 12.  I was pretty amazed when it turns out Roy and Joon Young managed to make it the top 4. ^^
(Joon Young is in the off-white coat and Roy is wearing a white button-down. ^^)

Also, I've done a little NaNoWriMo, but I think I'm going to stop at 30,000 words. If I could get there, that would be really nice. I'd have to hit 15,000 pretty soon, though, to finish. So I don't really know. ^^

Our microwave broke, my brothers are belt ranking for yellow belt (I'm sticking with white, thankyouverymuch), Super Junior's Leeteuk enlisted in the military (that may seem insignificant, but it's actually a pretty big deal since he's the leader of one of the most popular groups in Korea), TTMIK had their live streaming of Gangnam and other such places, where they talked about Korea LIVE, which was really cool but also cost me a load of sleep last weekend, hahaha...my friends from NYC came in for a visit at my grandparent's house. That was pretty fun, but also stressful for them, because they were worried about their house and the damage after hurricane Sandy (they live on Long Island).

In closing, it's been really interesting lately. It's also only 7 days until my birthday...4 days until Dad takes me to see the Chinese Circus...*sigh* I suppose life will continue to get interesting, no? Let's see who wins Superstar K4, whether or not I survive my speak in Spanish assignment, and if our new microwave can prove it's as good as the last one. =P

-Argentia



No comments: