Saturday, November 24, 2012

Lonely Winter

I want to watch the snow fall outside my window
In the cold darkness outside, warmly with you
Winter is coming slowly 
To the time of your gentle heartbeat

I would be delighted to walk down main street
Gloved hands shoved into our pockets
Guarding against the cold
Bright lights in our eyes

Stars will fall around us, if we just walk together
Please, don't walk apart from me, not too far
I will miss you until I know you
It's not a shameful thing to me

Longing for a handsome smiling face
This does not mean I'm not thankful
Loneliness is not always pain
Firmly believed, quietly stated, often contemplated

Let's not waste away our winter with wishing
But don't forget to think about me
As I think about you
Lonesomely speaking to the stars

-Argentia

No comments: