Monday, November 12, 2012

Expanse

Expanse

My feelings are inaudible right now, out of sight
They dissappear into the cold, awaiting night
Patient as it is, looking down with starry eyes
Clear skies

I wish I could lie out beneath the stars and stare
Make patterns of faces in the sky
Travel thousands of miles
Greetings, friend

I want to float through the clouds on a sunny day
A warm day in June, summer's arrival
Touchdown on the bustling, running bright city
Grab a snack, take a bus to the seaside

I breath in the chilly fall air, frozen world in the snow
I want to ice skate across an ocean
Somewhere far away, with thoughtful and crystalline solitude
Where the leaves fall quietly

I want to see the skyline, gray and dismal
Offer an umbrella to a passing stranger
Because you can only buy one for six dollars instead of three
Cluching frail arms, water dripping from a small, flat nose

I dream of walking the beaches again, in the sunset light
Observing the boats, lit up on the distant, never-ending sea
Trails of airplanes and the first few stars in the brilliant blue
While the water reflects golden sunlight close to the shore

And perhaps snowflakes dancing down, a youthful moment
Life in a snowglobe, winds blowing softly
Peering into a warm, crackling fire, clutching loving gifts in my hands
Gray winter world, perfect timing

I suppose the stars could also greet me
If they weren't quite so far away
And so very empty
Lifeless

But for now, on solid ground, the stars are bursting with life
They are a beacon for us to sail by
A picture for us to observe together
Possiblities for us to dream about

Without the burning lights, a contemplative night
Is the same in all seasons; it does not change
Expanse of black, little stars, maybe a moon
Thoughts

 -Argentia

P.S. I'm eating a lonely piece of Pocky before the end of Peppero Day-because it's 45 minute drive to buy Peppero. *sigh*
I guess I'm okay with being given Peppero next year, alright? ^^











1 comment:

Hannah Leigh said...

I'LL GET YOU PEPPERO NEXT YEAR! (((hugs)))
.... If I remember it. :P
You da bestest. :)
Call me today!

- hannah