Sunday, June 26, 2011

No Doubt [Reprise]

No Doubt, Reprise


A rush of air as I step forward
Starving for realism
The sudden truth that this isn't hard
And that this is the last moment

We didn't need any words at all
A silent conversation
Bright lights, cool wind, yellow wall
And I see that this is the last moment

I grip tighter; pain pounds in my feet
A constant beat in my head
The imperfect row like a city street
And I come to terms with this last moment 

The summer days are full of light
A hint of coffee and cologne
The memories swing with our flight
Like a whirlwind; this is the last moment

My heart throbs inside me
Now the world is full of color
Wrapping my hand around tightly
I seek to hold onto this last moment

The darkness, the fear, the contemplation
The support of one thing takes them
And away they go without need of explanation
Frozen in time, this last moment

I can't explain it; don't ask me to
It's a feeling, not a word
And a security; I can rely on You
Even in this crucial, last moment

The single song, the only way
Am I a hopeless thief
For trying my hardest to make it stay
That sweet, last moment

A picture of the past to the present
Completed, not framed, painting
Nothing needs added, nor asked for consent
And I find peace in the last moment


Things change, so do these places
Where you can cry 'I am safe!'
Not meeting any time-hunted, cruel gazes
Forever, No Doubt, last moment

So I stand, gazing at the banners in rows
And the lights, gently bright
Calling me forward, where my heart goes
The end of the last moment.


 -Argentia Krystofel

No comments: