Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A Favorite TV Show

Camp happened, so I didn't have time to do this. Sorry. XD I promise I won't do that again, even when I leave for NYC this weekend.

My favorite TV show is going to be drama. Just a warning. XD

Sooooo, I can't exactly list ONE. I just CAN'T. So I'll list three. But only three (eeek).



First of all, Rooftop Prince, a fantasy, romance, time-travel drama. I know it's a recent drama, but I absolutely loved this one. There wasn't a boring moment and the characters were all very endearing. The twists in the plot kept a person wondering what exactly *had* happened, and how it was playing out in the future. Some things I thought were true were wrong, and things I thought could NEVER HAPPEN...omo, they happened!!! ^^ The drama was romantic, yes, but there was a nice helping of mystery in there, too, and the best part was that to me, it didn't seem forced.


 Second of all, Ojakgyo Brothers, a slice of life, mystery, romance...gosh, there was sooooo much in this drama that was good. At 58 episodes, it's a very long drama, but it was completely worth it. The characters are so cute, well-developed, and have a realness about them that resonates with me. And my mom, too, who has been my drama-watching buddy for quite a long time now.
 We follow the lives of a family with four brothers+one girl who comes to live with them on Ojak Farm. As time passes, the boys fall in love, the girl comes to find a true family, the mother gains a daughter (if not by blood, by love), and everyone else...well, they make mistakes and learn lessons while trying to make things right..I just can't remember all of the different ones due to the enourmously long story. XD Mostly about love, forgiveness, acceptance, and perseverance. ^^

I highly recommend this drama to anyone who wants to try drama for the first time-if you can take sitting through 58 hours of drama (in small doses, mind you!). I doubt you will regret it.


The last drama on my list is currently airing, so I don't know if the ending will turn out as good as the beginning. But with a show as awesome as 각시탈 (Gaksital, or Bridal Mask) has been from the start, I don't think they can really go wrong.
 Plus, we have Joo Won again (brother #3 from Ojakgyo)-and everyone looooooves Joo Won, right? lol
 Seriously, Joo Won is an excellent actor and he is PERFECT in this series. An action, thriller, mystery type drama that is based off of a manhwa. Manhwa is a lot like manga, but it is done by Koreans and has a different style...I've always heard it tends to have a softer look, but I don't know much about it. Sorry, manhwa fans! Please correct me if I'm not doing it justice (I'm sure I'm not).
 Anyway, the show is set in 1930's Korea, during the Japanese occupation. It's about a Joseon resistance hero who wears a traditional Korean bridal mask to hide his identity while fighting against Japanese oppression. There are so many twists and turns in the plot of this story that it will leave you in suspense at the end of every episode. I guarantee it-even my brothers who HATES, I mean DESPISES Korean Drama will occaisionally look over to see what's going on in this show. It's THAT EPIC. ^^



Well, that's it for now!

-Argentia


No comments: