Monday, July 16, 2012

A Favorite Quote

I'm doing days 4 and 5 out of order because I feel like I really need this right now.


Beautiful quote from the most beautiful book.

I must quote from the New King James, because I do not have good internet access, and this is my Bible translation, soooo~

'And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundace of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.
 Concerning thing thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.
 And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my affirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.'

2 Corinthians 12:7-10

The pastor at the WELS church we visited this morning preached on these versus, and what an encouraging, beautiful and well-times sermon it was. Living one day at a time...remembering that HIS grace is sufficient for me.

-Argentia

No comments: