Thursday, July 26, 2012

Dreamland

I wake up every morning with the sun in my eyes
Someone shouting at me to start my day
And memories of the silvery dreams of night still behind my eyes

I don't know the details, I just remember faces
Faces that used to never appear in front of me
A voice I've never heard before, where did it come from?

Dark pools of knowledge and lost time overtake me
They overwhelm me with their voices of mourning
For long moments I cannot breath at all; I suffocate

'I'm...I'm dying...' are the words in black and white
But if I read them, could I save a single soul?
No, not even if I ran through the stars could I save your life

The galaxy above me keeps turning silently
As if the sky knows something I don't
And I feel like my heart has stopped beating

I don't know; it's too complicated to pinpoint
If I ever go away, please let me leave
And when someone runs, they seem to make a stand

The dew-kissed dreamland is about to crash into reality
Perfect little world, awakened by voices
Blue and green colors are beginning to merge together

I won't let pieces of my heart disappear; I won't let go
This could be false and misleading
But I decided to pursue it, and I will follow through

Something strong and cold grips my heart like a fist
And I pull myself into this world again
Perhaps the dream will stop torturning me, over and over



Even though night after night, I cannot remember the details.




No comments: