Friday, July 6, 2012

A Short Poem of Reflection...

 (Since I can't write worth anything. >.> Whoops, ISFJism. :P)

 To another ISFJ,


 Strange how we're walking forward through life
 Both individuals, yet somehow similar
 It's practically a mystery to me
 How sometimes, what you say is so familiar

 I've found courage and I've found shelter; both so warm
 But I've never found someone so alike
 A person who thinks the very same thoughts which I
 Have quietly considered in my heart

 So when you were hurting, I knew it was awful
 And when you were strong, I was impressed
 When you cried, I realized your sincerity
 And your insignificant words, their true value

 You aren't really warm and inspiring
 Not in the same fashion as others, but that's not important
 There's a feeling of comradery and safety
 Or an assurance that everything will work out


 Simple; not confusing at all, to be honest
 Enjoyable and yet frustrating, because my faults glare at me
 Does it prick that careful nature? That desire to be perfect?
 I know it must be there somewhere

Peacemaker.
Emotional.
Careful.
Practical.
Nurturing.
Quiet.
Stoic.
Strong.
Enduring.
Selfless.



 Can we embrace what we love about ourselves, and begin to change what we hate? Can we become better people through the rest of our lives, or will we turn out like others who have walked a path and faltered halfway through-still standing there, clueless as to how to take the next step?
 Only Christ can prevent it. Lean on Him.

-Argentia

No comments: